New season starts on Sunday 8th September.
Lewes RFC prides its self on being an enjoyable and family friendly place to play rugby.
Our under 6 team is open to all boys and girls aged 5-6 (in Reception and Year 1). At Under 6s we introduce new players to the basics of tag rugby through fun games and activities. Tag rugby is a non-contact, fast-moving game. It's a safe, non-contact nature, combined with the fun and liveliness of the sport, means that tag rugby is now the RFU’s official version of the game for under 6s to under 8s.
Training is on Sunday mornings from 10.15-11.30am at the Stanley Turner Ground upper training pitches.
No specialist kit is required though football or rugby studs are recommended when the pitches become softer through rain. At this age football boots are acceptable, as the players don’t tackle and are expected to remain on their feet at all times. Tracksuit bottoms, shorts and a t-shirt, sweatshirt or fleece are fine. We recommend a base layer (leggings and polo neck) for the colder months. These can be bought relatively cheaply at Decathlon or Sports Direct. Club branded items can be bought via the online club shop.
To find out more please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lewes RFC we:
1. Put children at the heart of everything we do and all decisions we make.
2. Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
3. Develop children’s confidence and character as players and as people, challenging any behaviour that conflicts with this.
4. Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for children.
5. Champion rugby’s Core Values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.
[Quilter Kids First Pledge]